Each family is required to fulfill a minimum of 10 credits (many families are doing way more) during the Fall season. You have already paid a refundable $250 volunteer deposit. Each family is also asked to earn 3 of those credits by signing up to work 3 shifts at the Varsity pre-season tourney. Please track your credits and once 10 have been completed, email a list of your duties to your manager. It will then go to the treasurer and your volunteer deposit will be returned.
- Run scoreboard for home or tournament game – 1 credit
- Log scoresheet for home or tournament game – 1 credit
- Wear yellow jacket and actively patrol during game – 1 credit
- Work sign-in table for tournament – 1 credit
- Pre-season tourney co-chair – 3 credits
- Community Night Give-Back coordinator – 1 credit
- Picture night coordinator – 3 credits
The following positions require approval of the hockey director:
- Team videographer: Record at least 50% of games and make them available to the head coach – 10 credits (one position per team)
- Team photographer: Take action shots during games, make them available to the team and compile a slideshow for the end of year banquet – 8 credits (one position per team)
- End of year banquet Coordinators – 2 credits per team member (should be handled by a team of 2-3)
- Senior Night Coordinators – 2 credits per team member (should be handled by a team of 2-3)
Wheaton West also has a variety of year long (or longer) leadership roles available. While most are filled before the season begins, shadowing these positions before taking them on the following season is highly recommended.
- Board member – defined as President, VP, school representative, treasurer, and rules & ethics chair
- Team manager – requires coach approval
- Uniform coordinator
- Spirit wear coordinator
Please note that being in one of these roles does NOT negate the need to volunteer at the Pre-Season Tourney but will result in your volunteer deposit being returned immediately at the beginning of the season. We are an organization run by volunteers, please consider helping out in multiple ways.